November 16, 2008

Review of Giada De Laurentiis Espresso Chocolate Mousse with Orange Mascarpone Whipped Cream


Find the recipe of Espresso Chocolate Mousse with Orange Mascarpone Whipped Cream here.

I made the first chocolate part of this recipe yesterday withouy whip cream because I couldn't find the cheese and did want to add more calories to the mix.

I followed the recipe almost to the letter and it made really yummy thick and rich chocolate mousse. Since I still had the episode on my DVR I was able to watch Giada make it before I did.

********I MINCED THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS IN MY FOOD PROCESSOR BEFORE ADDING THE WARM MILK******

Giada does that on the TV show but it is not in the recipe.

After pouring the chocolate into four 4 oz ramekins I covered them with plastic wrap and let them sit on the top shelf for about five hours.

We ate the moose as soon as it came out of the fridge! That way it would stay thick.

Things I will do differently next time:
Add more espresso powder because I really didn't taste it at all over the chocolate.
Serve the mousse in smaller bowels to make it 6 servings instead of 4, since it is so rich a little bit will go a long way.
Make my own whip cream.

Yummy!

1 comment:

Kacey Anisa said...

Gosh this is gorgeous, makes me hunger for caffeine, and this is late at night...