May 29, 2010

Pound Cake Goodness

I've been slowly making recipes from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth by Jill O'Connor, a Christmas present my Mr. got me. Yesterday I made her recipe "Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe"

And the result...
Cream Cheese Pound Cake

 Cream Cheese Pound Cake Cream Cheese Pound Cake  Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Yummy goodness.  The biggest thing though is you really got to plan ahead.   For easier mixing having the cream cheese and the butter at room temperature along with the eggs you have to take things out of the fridge at least 6 hours before hand.  My pound cake didnt come out of the oven until 10pm, much to late.  But having a bite this early morning it was moist and delicious. 

I ended up halfing the recipe because I could only find one pan and it still turned out good.  
View recipe below:


No comments: