February 26, 2012

Tested: Easy Chocolate Mousse

I was so excited when the grandparents called and said they where going to stop by for a surprise visit.  I wanted to make something special for coming up, but I didn't have a lot of time so after doing a quick search I found this recipe for mousse (something I had been craving).  This recipe was fast and easy.   After about 3 minutes at high speed in my mixer I had the airy texture I was hoping for, then I added in my chocolate and it was done! 

After chilling for about an hour it was time for tasting. And it was great.  Couple of items I am going to do next time is:
  • Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • Make  a graham cracker crust to make it a pie
  • Serve is smaller container, maybe a shot glass since it is so rich.
EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE from COOKS.COM

2 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 oz. melted, unsweetened good chocolate
1 tsp. vanilla
Whip the cream, sugar, and salt together until stiff. Add chocolate and vanilla and mix well. Chill and freeze. Serve with whipped cream. Makes 8 small portions.

No comments: