January 17, 2010

Chocolate Torte or Chocolate Souffle, whichever they are both wonderful!

This weekend it was my mission to make Ken a wonderful choclate moiste cake.   After much searching, and just trying to use ingredients from my pantry I found a two recipes to use.
The first one was from Jill O'Conner's cookbook Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth
I got for Christmas and the second one was from the website Joy of Baking

Chocolate Torte/Souffle

Here is my modified recipe with using both of them.
9 inch springform pan

6 large eggs, separated -- at room temperature
Sugar for dusting the springform pan, tablespoon of butter melted

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
9 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup granulated white sugar, divided
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

No comments: